It was later confirmed that a female civil servant in her 40s who worked for a central ministry made the extreme choice. The bereaved family raised suspicions that Ms. A was subjected to workplace harassment, including verbal abuse, by her supervisor and called for the truth to be revealed. The ministry has launched an investigation into the allegations of harassment.

According to the National Public Employees’ Labor Union on the 23rd, in late February, Mr. A, an employee of the Ministry of Health and Welfare, took his own life by overdosing on medication at his home.

Mr. A, who had been working at the Ministry of Employment and Labor’s Branch B for about 13 years, was transferred to the Welfare Ministry in October 2021 and worked there for about three weeks. Branch B was a place where employees complained of work difficulties due to heavy workloads and malicious complaints.

The bereaved family claims that Mr. A was harassed by his supervisor to the point where he sought psychiatric treatment after being transferred to the Ministry of Welfare, and eventually decided to take an illness leave. An official from the public employee union who met with the bereaved family said, “Mr. A has been complaining of difficulties to his family, such as ‘not being treated like a person’ and ‘being anxious about receiving a call to return to work,'” adding, “(The perpetrator, a supervisor,) openly cursed and yelled at Mr. A. He even shouted at him.” The family also believes that workplace harassment contributed to Mr. A’s extreme choice. Ms. A, who was considered a good worker by her colleagues at the Ministry of Employment토토사이트, has two children in elementary school. Her husband also works as a civil servant in a central government department.

The bereaved family has asked the police to reopen the case based on records on Ms. A’s cell phone and her medical records. “We are investigating the truth of the bereaved family’s report,” said a Welfare Ministry official, explaining that “the leave was extended because the deceased wanted it, and according to Welfare Ministry regulations, it is not possible to return to the same job after a one-year leave of absence.” According to the union, Mr. C, who was named as the perpetrator by the bereaved family, denied that he ever bullied Mr. A. Mr. C reportedly met with Ms. A’s mother and denied it, saying, “I don’t remember.” Ms. A’s husband said, “I hope that a thorough investigation will clear my wife’s name,” and that “what she went through should not happen again by punishing those involved.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *